RE: [Document Project] OpenBSD Documentation Explained.

What I often do is start "xman -notopbox -bothshown", (which I have
pre-set in an icon in the WindowMaker dock)

This let's me "browse" the lists of manpages.
If I need admin, I look in section 8
If I need a regular command, I look in section 1
If I'm looking for config file formats I look in section 5

This allows me to follow up man -k with more meat.

Now with NeXTSTEP, there was a very nice librarian, (sort of like
Sherlock) which indexed and searched man-pages and other documentation.
It was very good, and once I get GNUstep running, there's a GNUstep
clone that I intend to use.  This indexing is the real problem with man,
not the use of man pages themselves.

regards,
Christian.

The other problem with Manpages is that most newer software for Linux
(which means all new unix software, sadly) follows this "HOWTO"
approach, and don't bother to make manpages.  It's very very
frustrating.  Or they use GNU info, which is unbearable. -cg