Re: Chmod

I think what you want to do is de permit files in /var/log. As stated, the wtmp is a most
useful thing to let others see, so choosing which ones you want to lock down is the
best way to go.

So a chmod 770 <file.log> will let whatever write to it, but prevent normal users from
seeing it, which is what I think you are asking for.

--STeve Andre'