Re: Sparc 2 X trouble

If I were you, I would just upgrade to 2.8 anyway. A fresh install on my
SPARCstation 2 and a little configuration had me rebooting into a speedy
xdm login within minutes, and will most likely put your X into working
condition along with many useful patches.

PS: I don't know what you guys did, but I find it noticably faster than
2.7. I ran Solaris for a few weeks waiting for the 2.8 release - ugh! I
need something to wash out that bad SVR4 taste. Thanks for the
continuation of a great OS!