[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: lame memory question
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: lame memory question
- From: Seth Arnold <sarnold_(_at_)_willamette_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:51:28 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Jim Breton <jamesb-openbsd_(_at_)_alongtheway_(_dot_)_com> [001205 17:16]:
> Is there any circumstance under which the OS can cause a memory error
> that persists even after a reboot? (This is on the i386 platform.)
Sure. It can toast the CMOS/NVRAM of the motherboard, if it is taught to
do so. It might not even be that difficult.
As to whether this is your problem, I just don't know. <shrug>
Best of luck. :)
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all
really impressed down here, I can tell you.''