[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Problems installing with floppy28.fs (aaargh!)
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Problems installing with floppy28.fs (aaargh!)
- From: Sven Burgener <svenb_(_at_)_bluewin_(_dot_)_ch>
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 20:53:15 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: Sven Burgener <svenb_(_at_)_bluewin_(_dot_)_ch>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 02:31:24PM +0100, Sven Burgener wrote:
> I downloaded the image file using Netscape. I redid just now, this using
> ftp this time, with "bin" and "passive" and this seems to have been the
> thing!! I can boot from the floppy now, ready to install.
The next thing is that I cannot use the keyboard on that system. :*(
When I get to the boot> prompt, I can type things just fine. After the
actual boot (messages on a blue background), I am unable to choose from
(I)nstall, (U)pgrade or (S)hell.
The keyboard is plain dead. ???
What seems strange is that one of the messages whilst booting is:
pcvt != OK
I also see the following:
vt0 at isa0 port 0x60/16 irq 1: vga 80 col, color, 8 scr, unknown kbd
Perhaps the above is of some help...
My NIC (3Com 3c905B) and my (NEC) CD-ROM get recognized though.
I can reply more information on demand.
Visit your host, monkey.org