[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: groups qestion
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: groups qestion
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:58:42 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Ken Weingold <hazmat_(_at_)_hellrot_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> But since this user was added to wheel so it could su, it has
> created files as group wheel. Even odder to me is that now that it is
> not in wheel anymore it is still doing this. Can anyone tell me where
> the system is getting this?
BSD takes the group ownership of a file from the parent directory.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org