[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 1777 Protection?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: 1777 Protection?
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:56:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
George Nelson <ghnelson_(_at_)_borrowedtime_(_dot_)_punkbitch_(_dot_)_net> wrote:
> I ran pine and I received a message that says:
> mailbox vulnerable - directory /var/mail must have 1777 protection
> What is 1777 protection and how do I give it to /var/mail?
You don't, you fix pine to adhere to OpenBSD's mail spool policy.
(Alternatively you can of course patch your MTA and other MUAs to
adhere to a different policy.)
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org