Re: Advice on server

On 29 Nov 2000, at 23:34, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:

> On 29 Nov 2000, at 18:53, Kit Halsted wrote:
>
> > Is there free or cheap scp software out there for Macs & Windoze
> > boxes that's easy to use? I'm sure I can get the Mac users to
> > eventually figure out how to use the scp function in Nify Telnet SSH,
> > but I'm not so sure the Windoze people will be able to figure out how
> > to install the TeraTerm hackaround for scp, much less use it.
>
> For Win9x boxen I have been using pscp and iXplorer but it's not
> bullet proof and I'm not sure I would recommend that as an
> alternative to my clients.
>
> Pscp is a DOS command-box program and may not even run on WinNT or
> Win2k.
>
> I'm hoping for an opensource sftp client for Win32 ....

I just found a new Windows SCP client & am trying it out now.

http://winscp.vse.cz/eng/

Freeware.  However, it ain't working on my Win98SE box right now, it
just hangs on loading.

Angus Scott-Fleming      GeoApplications, Tucson, Arizona
angussf_(_at_)_geoapps_(_dot_)_com   1-520-290-5038 / fax 1-208-248-3124