default shell

Hi everyone!

I converted from Linux to OpenBSD about a year ago and have never regretted the move. (Thanks to everyone behind OpenBSD!!!)

Coming from Linux one of the first things I did was to install bash and make it my default shell. As far as I remember the main reason was because sh would not auto-complete by pressing tab. Now I suddenly got the enlightenment that maybe the choice in favor of sh as the default shell in OpenBSD was made for a reason and maybe I should say goodbye to bash.

Now here comes my question: why was sh chosen as the default shell and what are it's advantages over bash?

Ragnar

Visit your host, monkey.org