Re: Advice on server

On 29 Nov 2000, at 18:53, Kit Halsted wrote:

> Is there free or cheap scp software out there for Macs & Windoze
> boxes that's easy to use? I'm sure I can get the Mac users to
> eventually figure out how to use the scp function in Nify Telnet SSH,
> but I'm not so sure the Windoze people will be able to figure out how
> to install the TeraTerm hackaround for scp, much less use it.

For Win9x boxen I have been using pscp and iXplorer but it's not
bullet proof and I'm not sure I would recommend that as an
alternative to my clients.

Pscp is a DOS command-box program and may not even run on WinNT or
Win2k.

I'm hoping for an opensource sftp client for Win32 ....

Angus Scott-Fleming      GeoApplications, Tucson, Arizona
angussf_(_at_)_geoapps_(_dot_)_com   1-520-290-5038 / fax 1-208-248-3124