Re: GNU utils: SCREEN and LS

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 11:41:56PM +0000, Steve wrote:

> I have a small problem with the GNU version of "ls" keeping the colors
> when Im runnig GNUs SCREEN utility. Does any body know how to fix this
> problem.  I am running OpenBSD 2.7.
>
> Thank you,
> Steve Maroney
> steve_(_at_)_stevenet_(_dot_)_dhs_(_dot_)_org

You want to try

export TERM=screen
or
setenv TERM screen

This seems to fix most console colour issues on my machine.
This also seems to be one of the only settings that gives
coloured output for mutt from a console.

MikeC

--
a Perl module would prefer that you stayed out of its living room
because you weren't invited, not because it has a shotgun.

from "Programming Perl"
        by Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen & Randal L. Schwartz

Visit your host, monkey.org