Re: cvs question

Scott Cameron wrote...
> I'm trying to CVS the current OpenBSD source for the first time.  I'm
> running a default install of 2.7 i386 on a Libretto 50CT.  I haven't
> installed any ports yet so I'm using CSH, not bash, thus the use of setenv.
> I tried getting CVS from the anoncvs_(_at_)_anoncvs1_(_dot_)_usa_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/cvs.
>
> I did the following trying to make it as simple as I could:
> #setenv CVSROOT=anoncvs1.usa.openbsd.org:/cvs
> #cd /usr
> #cvs get src
>
> I get the following response:
> anoncvs.ca.openbsd.org: Unknown host
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of the file from server (consult above message
> if any)

If you just want the latest ports, ftp to your favorite OpenBSD ftp
mirror and grab /pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/ports.tar.gz
(Then cd /usr ; tar xvzf ports.tar.gz)

If you want to upgrade your /usr/src tree, do this:

setenv CVSROOT anoncvs_(_at_)_anoncvs1_(_dot_)_usa_(_dot_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org:/cvs
setenv CVS_SSH /usr/bin/ssh
cd /usr ; cvs checkout -P -rOPENBSD_2_7 src

Also you should read http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html

OpenBSD has the best documentation of any OS I've seen, make use of it :)

If you want to keep your ports tree up to date, try this
(using same environment variables as before)
cd /usr/ports
cvs -d ${CVSROOT} -q UP -PAd .

--
josh