[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: SSH Questions
- From: Ian Alexander <Ian_(_dot_)_Alexander_(_at_)_sabre_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:16:46 -0600
- Organization: Sabre Inc.
Greetings, and thanks for taking the time to listen to my questions.
(1) If you start an SSH session, is the entire session encrypted or just
the authentication? That is, once I've logged in, would I be safe in
"su-ing" to root or SSH-ing to another machine? My intuition says this
is so, but I felt I should ask just in case.
(2) If the above is true, does the same hold for an X app remotely
displayed? Can I ssh to some system, start a remote X app, and be safe
from prying eyes?
Thanks for your time,
Visit your host, monkey.org