Re: XDM won't allow root login

* John Smith <pagemaster41_(_at_)_hotmail_(_dot_)_com> [001111 10:34]:
> #Here is my setup to start KDE
> PATH=$PATH/usr/local/bin
> exec /usr/local/bin/startkde
> fi

Did you notice this PATH statement is wrong? It needs to look more like:
PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

> When I log in as my normal user with xdm it works fine and KDE boots and
> everything is great, but when I login as root it flashes then logs me out
> again.  Does anyone know the problem?(I did have KDE working fine with root
> startx worked great)

Good god, you are going to run KDE as root? With sudo around, why?

--
``Oh Lord; Ooh you are so big; So absolutely huge; Gosh we're all really
impressed down here, I can tell you.''