RE: java for openbsd?

For the moment, use the jdk1.1.8 from the ports system at

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org [mailto:owner-misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org]On Behalf Of
Martin Maciaszek
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 3:35 AM
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: java for openbsd?

I've installed the O'Reilly Bookshelf as html on my LAN-Server.
The bookshelf uses an java-program for searching the contents of
the books. The documentation suggests using the jre (1.1.6).
Since there is no native openbsd jre I wonder what would be the
best way to get java working. I considered installing the linux
jre but I thought that the emulation could be a but too much

On a side note: Many XSLT parsers use Java too. How do you people
run them?

The young lady had an unusual list,
Linked in part to a structural weakness.
She set no preconditions.

Visit your host, monkey.org