[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD on BUGTRAQ again.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD on BUGTRAQ again.
- From: John Wright <john_(_at_)_dryfish_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:50:30 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
In addition! You can also compile it out -- I believe anyway. So the
exploit isn't very exciting.
On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 09:33:05AM +0000, John Wright wrote:
> I've never replied to a BUGTRAQ posting before so I'm mentioning what I was
> going to say on here instead.
> The posting/exploit says that it will drop OpenBSD to the ddb debugger and
> that an attacker must have console access (we all know about that). By
> default this is enabled but can be disabled with the ddb.panic sysctl
> option which means the system will reboot instead.
> Check /etc/sysctl.conf for ddb.panic.
> So... er, there.