[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
OpenBSD on BUGTRAQ again.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: OpenBSD on BUGTRAQ again.
- From: John Wright <john_(_at_)_dryfish_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:33:05 +0000
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I've never replied to a BUGTRAQ posting before so I'm mentioning what I was
going to say on here instead.
The posting/exploit says that it will drop OpenBSD to the ddb debugger and
that an attacker must have console access (we all know about that). By
default this is enabled but can be disabled with the ddb.panic sysctl
option which means the system will reboot instead.
Check /etc/sysctl.conf for ddb.panic.
So... er, there.