[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
looking for direction on writing a new wireless pc-card driver
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: looking for direction on writing a new wireless pc-card driver
- From: chris stillson <fluffy_(_at_)_adsl-63-195-60-138_(_dot_)_dsl_(_dot_)_snfc21_(_dot_)_pacbell_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:33:16 -0800
- Reply-to: chris stillson <fluffy_(_at_)_snowden_(_dot_)_catch22_(_dot_)_org>
So, I got adventurous, and bought some wireless
equipment. So, I knew it probably wouldn't work
because it was off brand. Life's just not as much
fun if you don't have to write your own drivers.
So, to make a long story short, I have a wireless
ethernet card, maker ambicom, but the actual
chipset is an intersil prismII. As far as I
can tell, there are no opensource drivers any
where. So does anyone have any idea where I
might start on writing one?
"don't even bother trying
to say something clever
clever is as clever does
mo matter what it says"