[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Obtaining a CD image
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Obtaining a CD image
- From: Alexander Frolkin <alexander_(_at_)_frolkin_(_dot_)_demon_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 22:22:25 +0000
- Reply-to: Alexander Frolkin <alexander_(_at_)_frolkin_(_dot_)_demon_(_dot_)_co_(_dot_)_uk>
What is the correct way to get a CD image file under OpenBSD?
Under Linux, I can do
dd if=/dev/xxx of=cd_image
which works fine. Last time I tried this under OpenBSD (with xxx replaced by
cd0c), it didn't stop when it got past the end of the CD - the output grew
to over 1Gb.
What is the correct way to do this?
(Please cc: me on replies, as I'm not currently subscribe to the list.)
Visit your host, monkey.org