[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: space to build current
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: space to build current
- From: John Wright <john_(_at_)_dryfish_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:07:51 +0000
- Cc: Cameron Schaus <cam_(_at_)_cds_(_dot_)_realcase_(_dot_)_com>
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org, Cameron Schaus <cam_(_at_)_cds_(_dot_)_realcase_(_dot_)_com>
On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 04:00:27PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 01, 2000 at 12:50:03AM -0700, Cameron Schaus wrote:
> > How much space free do I need in /usr to build current? I had about
> > 1Gig available for my build, but I ran out. Apparently I need more
> > room, but I wanted to know how much.
> As you don't tell us on WHICH ARCHITECTURE, I'm going to take a wild guess
> and say `i386', but DO REMEMBER THAT OPENBSD RUNS ON *MORE* THAN STUPID PCs.
> as of today, a quick rundown on my box:
> /usr/obj 205671 KB
Which is approximately the size of the base??.tgz install set *compressed*.
So a single gig probably isn't enough.