Re: QT-1.45 from ports not working

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 around 10:33 -0600 Joe Blow may have written:
} Ok I gave you exactly what I did and the error, and clearly said it is not
} ports applications that are not working I don't need to give any more
} details if you can't help me off of what I gave you thanks for trying if you
} can thanks even more.

please just answer Dave's message (below).

----------Start forwarded message----------
From: Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:49:31 -0800 (PST)
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Re: QT-1.45 from ports not working

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Joe Blow wrote:

 > Exact commands were in order:
 >
 > cd /usr/ports/x11/qt
 > make (downloaded and compiled cleanly)
 > make install (installed fine)

*sigh* Read my message again. You have provided a cut and paste of
what did *not* give you any problems.

 > but then all the apps requiring it don't see it,

Again I ask, what do you mean by this? Do you have source that is
failing to compile? Do you have precompiled binaries that give
you an error when you try to execute them?

Presumably something, somewhere, is giving you an error that makes you
think something isn't "finding" the QT libs. What are you trying to do,
and what is the error?

 > and when I say bug I mean is there something special with it
 > that requires me to do something else I just don't have a better
 > word for it.

Don't say "bug" unless you mean "bug". See
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/bug.html

In this case, you could've asked if there's anything you need to do
after you've installed the port with `make; make install`.
| Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>                2000.10.30/22:49:32 PST |
| Morlock for Hire                                                       |
| All we're looking for is a fair value for exploitation of our          |
| members' rights.                                      --Chris Amenica, |
|                         ASCAP Assistant VP of New Media and Technology |

----------End forwarded message----------

Visit your host, monkey.org