Re: QT-1.45 from ports not working

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Joe Blow wrote:

> I installed QT from the ports

Good start. Presumably, you did `cd /usr/ports/x11/qt; make; make
install` or similar?

> but then all the applications that require QT say it is not found,

Not as good.

Are you hitting errors on compile? On running a binary that compiled
without complaint? Running a pre-compiled binary? A shell script?

Is this a port? A package? A tarball that tells you to `configure; make;
make install`?

What applications, specifically?

A simple cut and paste of what command you tried, and what error(s)
you get would provide *useful* information.

> is there some bug I haven't heard about or something?

*bzzt* Wrong. Here you are asking "did you guys break something?" Or at
least, that's what it sounds like. Which is never really advisable.
| Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>                2000.10.30/22:31:27 PST |
| Morlock for Hire                                                       |
| You don't have to be impossible to manipulate. You just make it more   |
| trouble than you're worth.                                    --Andr00 |