Re: double use of ps2 port ?

Peter Strömberg <peters_(_at_)_telia_(_dot_)_net> wrote:

> My manual says: "The mouse and keyboard can be plugged into either PS/2
> connector.

That's new.  I'm used to the keyboard and mouse ports being marked
explicitly, and they are of course not interchangeable.  I may very
well be the case that somebody has finally realized that having
the same jack for two incompatible ports is a bad idea and has
added some clever electronics to take care of this.

> Power to the computer should be turned off before a keyboard
> or mouse is connected or disconnected."

Yep.  I think USB is the first interface to be found on a PC in
quite some time that is actually designed to be hot-pluggable.
(Serial ports are in practice, although not in theory.)