Re: double use of ps2 port ?

Thank you very much for your reply.

At 13:21 23.10.00 +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
>Alf Breull <puma_(_at_)_hannover_(_dot_)_sgh-net_(_dot_)_de> wrote:
>
>> Does 2.7 (from CD) allow double use (keyboard plus mouse) of
>> the ps2 port ?
>
>Bizarre questions. There are PS/2 keyboard ports and there are PS/2
>mouse ports. Apart from the connector, these are different ports.

Yes, it is the way you described. My apologies. I was afraid it were
some hardware conflict I (newbie) couldn't manage.

>I suspect some power management function.
>Since the only thing I've so far done with power management is to
>disable it immediately in the BIOS setup, I can't help you with
>the details.

Disabling power management has been what I did first thing, this I've
learnt from this list. So, I've called the service for hardware control,
because ms-dos (v 6.2) and winnt (v 4.0) didn't install - though, they
tested the installation of nt the day before.

Visit your host, monkey.org