Bizzare w and Eterm output

Helu,

I just noticed something which i wanted to bring to your guyz attention. I have had this problem before, and everytime I build a new kernel(and I don't know how to solve it). Anyway, at present I am logged in as root(without X), and run w which shows root logged in:

 7:33PM  up 6 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.55, 0.33, 0.15
USER    TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
root     C0 -                 7:31PM     2 bash

I start xdm(this also happens when xdm is run through rc.conf), and login as a user. If I start Eterm(which I prefer), and do a w,it does not show me logged in(as user):

 7:33PM  up 6 mins, 1 user, load averages: 0.51, 0.32, 0.15
USER    TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
root     C0 -                 7:31PM     2 bash

BUT, if I start xterm instead, w shows me there, and so does Eterm(now). As soon as I close the xterm window, eterm goes back to only one user.

 7:39PM  up 12 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.89, 0.84, 0.46
USER    TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
root     C0 -                 7:31PM     8 bash
kevin    p0 :0.0              7:39PM     0 w

Any comments, or solutions are welcome:

Some misc details:

Eterm Version - 0.8.10
X version - 3.3.6(patched)
Kernel version - 2.7-STABLE on a i386
Wm - Presently using xfce. but this also happened in E, and windowmaker.

I would happy to provide any more details if needed.

Regards,

Kevin