Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.

Amanda, Art didn't say he didn't want to have lots of users.  He said that
OpenBSD's aim wasn't to have as many as possible, which is distinctly
different from not wanting them.

For me, this is the really wonderful difference Between OpenBSD and most
(if not all) of the commercial world.  The OpenBSD team is beholden to no
set of investors, stockholders, horn-haired boss's or other silly impediments
to progress.   They produce software out of the sheer love of it, for their own
needs and other various individual reasons, but commercial gain and "market
share" aren't among them.

Note however because of the BSD license, that some group could get
together, and do the support you talk of.  It's happened on other OS's, and
perhaps it will happen for OpenBSD as well someday.

After having just listened to a friend talk of an infuriating phone /. email
session with MS over a probable bug in Excel, I am only too glad to see a
working model of an entity that is true to its ideals, and reacts quickly to
problems.

--STeve Andre'