Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, chuck yerkes wrote:

> The problem here is that it leaves OpenBSD open to be dismissed
> as "it's barely supported, run by hobbyists"  where Sun/RedHat/etc
> can offer (perhaps correctly) that there is an organization that
> stands behind it.  Of course, as a hobbyist, I use it.

What I find perversely amusing is that the statement is true,
quantitatively (number of dollars, developers, lawyers). And yet,
OpenBSD is *still* clearly ahead of the game in terms of security.

People who demand a big organization to fall back on cleary have never
tried calling a technical support line. (And yes, I've done technical
support.)

| Dave Taira <bodhi_(_at_)_hagakure_(_dot_)_org>                2000.10.17/10:50:00 PDT |
| You see, we're leveraging the synergies of our existing open source    |
| solution, without reliance on a single vendor.                         |
| Or in english: We use samba cause NT sucks ass.                        |
|                                                        --greg_(_at_)_rage_(_dot_)_net |