Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.

Gabe Kangas <real-ity_(_at_)_real-ity_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> No, but the users buy the cds, the shirts, and are the support of the
> whole project.  Say "we don't need the users" all you want, but they are
> the first to ask them for more dmsgs, hardware donations, and tshirt
> sales.

You are introducing a dichotomy users/developers that doesn't make
sense.  OpenBSD developers are _users_ who happen to have the
ability, time, and motivation to contribute back to the project.
Anybody can become a developer.  (In fact, judging from my own
experience, the project will rip them from the cradle.)  There's no
"us" and "them" outside of your rhetorics.