[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:06:45 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Gabe Kangas <real-ity_(_at_)_real-ity_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> No, but the users buy the cds, the shirts, and are the support of the
> whole project. Say "we don't need the users" all you want, but they are
> the first to ask them for more dmsgs, hardware donations, and tshirt
You are introducing a dichotomy users/developers that doesn't make
sense. OpenBSD developers are _users_ who happen to have the
ability, time, and motivation to contribute back to the project.
Anybody can become a developer. (In fact, judging from my own
experience, the project will rip them from the cradle.) There's no
"us" and "them" outside of your rhetorics.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org