Re: locking all terminals w/ a single command?

thanks for the suggestions.

From: Andrew Shugg <andrew_(_at_)_neep_(_dot_)_com_(_dot_)_au>
Subject: Re: locking all terminals w/ a single command?
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:35:06 +0800

> I would use the one VT with 'screen' to provide multiple window
> sessions, and lock it with ^A-x.

i used to use screen but i lost confidence w/ it from a security
perspective, so i try not to use it any more...it's becoming a tough
thing to avoid though.

> Alternatively, you could use the tcsh and set the auto_logout to a nice
> low number ...  =)

you guessed my next question -- but i don't want to be logged out (nor
use tcsh for that matter), i want the screen to be locked ;-)

i wonder if it wouldn't be too hard to modify code near
PCVT_SCREENSAVER to execute an administrator-specified command in
place of blanking the screen...i wonder if this is a bad idea.