Any idea for a better error message for pkg_add ?

tetto-~% pkg_add keep.tgz
tar: WARNING! These patterns were not matched:
+CONTENTS
pkg_add: tar extract of /home/espie/keep.tgz failed!
pkg_add: unable to extract table of contents file from `/home/espie/keep.tgz'
- not a package?

I find this to be pretty explicit: keep.tgz is not a package.

Any way to change the message so that clueless newbies will stop asking
again and again why pkg_add does not work on comp28.tgz ?

--
	Marc Espie