Install w/ WaveLAN card hangs

I'm cross-posting this to misc and openbsd-mobile.  I hope no one minds,
but I'm new to OpenBSD and am not sure where this problem lies.

I've got a WinBook XL2 with a WaveLAN PCMCIA card that I'm trying to get
OpenBSD to install on.  It hangs completely when it tries to access the
card.  Most of the time it hangs when trying to configure the network, but
this time when I booted to get info to post here, it hung up when loading
drivers.

Here's lines from the boot process that seem pertinent:

"Texas Instruments PCI1251B PCI-CardBus" rev 0x00 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 not configured
"Texas Instruments PCI1251B PCI-CardBus" rev 0x00 at pci0 dev 12 function 1 not configured
pcic0 at isa0 port 0x3e0/2 iomem 0xd0000/16384
pcic controller 0: <Intel 82365SL rev 2> has sockets A and B pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0 "Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01"wi0: init failed
: address f0:05:42:e0:30:00 irq 3

<this is where it hung up on last boot, but continued other times>

wi0: init failed
wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
wi0: mgmt. buffer allocation failed
pcic0: irq 9

The lights on the card come on as soon as it prints the wi0 information,
and the lights would seem to indicate that it has been configured in
ad-hoc mode, at least in my experience.

It definitely hangs every time it tries to configure the network (after I
enter a netmask, select dhcp mode, or try to ifconfig it manually from a
shell).

The card has worked in this computer fine for quite some time under Win2K,
Win98SE, and Linux (of many flavors).

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

-Bitt