NFS problems

Hi, I recently set up NFS and it was working fine up untill a couple of days ago. I can't seem to mount directorys from the server anymore
no configuration files were changed so I can't seem to figure out why its not working

when I type `/sbin/mountd` I get the error;
	server mountd[15213]: Can't register mount

when I type `portmap` I get the error;
server portmap[5645]: cannot bing local udp: Can't assign requested address

anyone know what this means or how to fix it?
Thanks

-Dan