[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Using sendmail w/ username & password?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Using sendmail w/ username & password?
- From: Sebastian Stark <seb_(_at_)_gosh_(_dot_)_todesplanet_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 20:52:53 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Dominik Rothert wrote:
> > > The solution that comes in mind is to use username and password to prove to
> > > my server who I am, but I didn't find how to implement this solution
> > > (if it's possible at all).
> > Seems to be off-topic, but anyway:
> > SMTP AUTH or STARTTLS.
> Another idea is to use SMTP after POP.
yet another idea is to scp the hole mailspool from the server.
ssh -l loginid mailserver -f mv /var/mail/loginid /tmp/loginid_fetchme
scp -C loginid_(_at_)_mailserver:/tmp/loginid_fetchme /tmp/my_new_mail
formail -s procmail < /tmp/my_new_mail
Visit your host, monkey.org