[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
rl driver problem
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: rl driver problem
- From: Marcos_(_dot_)_Indermark_(_at_)_post_(_dot_)_RWTH-Aachen_(_dot_)_DE
- Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 22:42:04 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Reply-to: Marcos_(_dot_)_Indermark_(_at_)_post_(_dot_)_RWTH-Aachen_(_dot_)_DE
according to the rl(4) manpage it is possible to specify the
media options for full and half-duplex modes.
Whenever I try to set my nic to "half-duplex" with the following command:
ifconfig rl0 mediaopt half-duplex
I get an ifconfig error:
SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured
However, if I specify "full-duplex" instead, no problems. This happens
with both media types 100baseTX and 10baseT/UTP.
I tried forcing the media option with the card's configuration utility
under dos. After rebooting OpenBSD I still get same error as before.
Any ideas what could be wrong? This is on a 2.7 CD-install with patches
up to #023 applied manually.
Is it possible to determine which media option is currently set under
Any pointers appreciated.
Visit your host, monkey.org