Problem installing 2.6

I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions. I have an old 486
DX4100 laptop. It has a 700 meg hard drive and 32 megs of ram. By todays
standards it's a piece of history. But I think it's still a good machine.
Anyway, I tried installing 2.6 and had limited success. I managed to get
the file system in place with the boot disk. But because it did not see the
PCMCIA card or slots I was not able to get on the net and download the OS
itself. Can you tell me how I can get OBD2.6 to recognize the PCMCIA slots
and nic on a Compaq Contura 430c.

Thanks

Mike

Visit your host, monkey.org