Reminder about dmesg

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Justin Brzozoski wrote:

> Sort of something like:
> rdr ste0 0.0.0.0/0 port 21 -> source

I'd like to remind everyone to please mail the output of 'dmesg' on as
many of the machines you admin as possible to dmesg_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_ We rely
heavily on this information for identifying potential problems, learning
about new hardware, statistics, etc. I quoted the lines above because it
struck me that someone must actually be using the ste driver (supporting
D-Link DFE-550TX cards), but we currently have no trace of that in our
dmesg logs.

We find that less than 5% of users send in dmesg. Actually I'm being way
optimistic here. Make that less than 1%. But we do highly appreciate the
efforts of those that do.

dmesg can be of any version of OpenBSD, but PLEASE, only GENERIC kernels.

So, we can expect about 100 new dmesgs to come in today? :-)

Aaron