[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Mailing list options?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Mailing list options?
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: 20 Sep 2000 00:30:48 +0200
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Benjamin Karas <bjk4_(_at_)_po_(_dot_)_cwru_(_dot_)_edu> wrote:
> > 1. Adding the list name to the subject (i.e. "[OpenBSD - misc]").
> Procmail can filter based on the to: field of the email header. You
> shouldn't need anything more than this.
"To:" really is a commentary field and does not necessarily specify
the target address of a message. You want to filter mailing lists
by their envelope sender address.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de