[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
a filesystem in a file
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: a filesystem in a file
- From: Paul Branston <paul_(_dot_)_branston_(_at_)_freeserve_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:03:18 +0100 (BST)
- Reply-to: paul_(_dot_)_branston_(_at_)_freeserve_(_dot_)_com
In linux I can create a file then make a file-system in it,
mount it and put files in it then write the file to a CD.
It would appear I can do the same with a svnc device but
I can't sort out how to make the filesystem in it.
dd if=/dev/zero of=bigfile bs=1024k count=650
If I use newfs it complains that it hasn't been labelled.
Has anyone done this ? Could you tell me the secret please ?