Re: Mailing list options?

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, PC Drew wrote:
> 1.  Adding the list name to the subject (i.e. "[OpenBSD - misc]").
Procmail can filter based on the to: field of the email header.  You
shouldn't need anything more than this.  It can get annoying if people
reply more than once and you end up with a chain of these [OpenBSD] tags.

> 2.  Reply-to address.  Another nicety is when I click "reply", my
This is often debated.  The best treatment on the subject I've found is
this: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

> 3.  Don't send messages that I've sent to the list, to myself.  This
I'm on one such list.  I find the feature annoying because you don't know
if the message got through.  We'd probably see duplicate messages if this
was implmenented.

> 4.  Another feature that I've seen recently, are message-digests.  This
This is a good idea.  Many lists offer a choice of regular or digest

Benjamin Karas
bjk4_(_at_)_po_(_dot_)_cwru_(_dot_)_edu

Visit your host, monkey.org