log files

I have and OpenBSD 2.7 box and I would like the log files to be dumped to the existing files (in /var/log/blah) as well dump out to an old dot matrix printer. I attempted to put:

ThingyIWantLogged                                 /dev/lpt0

into the syslog.conf, but this is not a happy scene. If I have multiple events happening close together then the device is busy and it no longer works for whatever thing it was suppose to be logging. There must be away to either have the output split between the file and the printer nicely or have a daemon thingy that detects when these files have been written to and then read them and dump that to the printer. I am just thinking that this can't be that unusal an idea and there must be a common or simple solution to it.

Thanks.

-Cam