What's up with BIND

Being a hostmaster, I'm interested in running some of the newer versions
of bind.  I decided to stick with 4.9.7 only because the OpenBSD team
had audited the code.  However, when I was first building my DNS servers
I was contemplating running BIND 8.

Theo had written to me and said that they had no plans to audit BIND 8,
at least not until more of the problems had surfaced.  His words were,
it's speghetti code.  Anyway, now that BIND 9 is (at least in beta, I
don't know if it's released yet or not) out, is the development team
going to audit BIND 8 or is it more feasable to just audit BIND 9 and
skip 8 altogether?

Andrew
begin:vcard
n:Falanga;Andrew
tel;fax:315.424.7738
tel;work:315.424.7736
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.nwcinc.com
org:Networks.Com, Inc.;Engineering
adr:;;126 N. Salina St., Suite LL3;Syracuse;NY;13202;United States of America
version:2.1
email;internet:afalanga_(_at_)_syracusenetworks_(_dot_)_com
title:Network Engineer/Hostmaster
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Andrew Falanga
end:vcard