Re: Compiling an OBSD kernel

This is just plain wrong. I have never replaced any of the
'?'s as you suggest and I have compiled hundreds of times and
customized a number of different kernels for various machines.

The '?'s indicate information that will be discovered at boot
time, as was done to generate the messages in /var/log/messages.

And if you are looking for this information, you can more
easily check /var/run/dmesg.boot, which holds the messages
generated during the boot process, but no others.

.... Ken