RSA in Public Domain

In advance of the patent expiring on Sept. 20 RSA has been released
into the public domain.  Asuming there are no issues with
redistribution does this mean for OpenBSD that OpenSSL will be on the
CD for the next and future releases?  I would assume so.  the press
release at:

http://www.rsasecurity.com/news/pr/000906-1.html

states:

"RSA® Security Inc. (NASDAQ: RSAS) today announced it has released the
 RSA public key encryption algorithm into the public domain, allowing
 anyone to create products that incorporate their own implementation of
 the algorithm. This means that RSA Security has waived its rights to
 enforce the patent for any development activities that include the RSA
 algorithm occurring after September 6, 2000."

Sounds pretty good to me....but then again I don't determine what
goes into OpenBSD.

-danimal

--
dan weeks - propellerhead - http://www.danimal.org

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
 very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Visit your host, monkey.org