Re: problems booting OpenBSD without keyboard

Jill Lundquist <jill_(_at_)_chezns_(_dot_)_org> wrote:
> I have been planning to set up some openbsd systems in a rack in a
> colocated site, where having keyboards on the systems for booting
> is simply not an option.  How do other admins handle this situation?

I have an openbsd machine colocated without a keyboard on it and it
boots fine.  I changed the bios to 'halt on all but keyboard'.

the only errors I get are minor complaints from the kernel, but they
don't interrupt the process at all:

pcvt: got KEYB_R_RESEND
pcvt: no kbd detected
pcvt: kbd led cmd not ack'd (resp 0xfe 0xfe)

--
joshua stein <jcs_(_at_)_rt_(_dot_)_fm>

Visit your host, monkey.org