Re: Can't get IP forwarding to work

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> I'm following the networking FAQ and can't get forwarding to work.  I'm
> trying to get Open BSD set up as a firewall forwarding to my linux box.
>  I can ping back and forth between the boxes.  I can ping out to the
> net from my firewall.  I've used the command
> "sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1"
>
> "route show" says --
> destination		gateway				flags
> default		 	<my isp gateway IP>		UG
> <isp network IP>		link#1				U
>
> Internal card ne4
> ip 192.168.10.1
> netmask 255.255.255.0
> broadcast 192.168.10.255
>
> External card ne3
> ip <my ip assigned by my isp>
> netmask 225.255.255.0
> broadcast  <isp's broadcast ip number>
>
> My linux box is set up with the gatway pointing to 192.168.10.1.   What
> else am I missing?  I'm using a fresh install of 2.7.
> Thanks,
> kent

I've been booting back and forth between os's and don't have the mail
to respond to that someone recomended that I run --
"sysctl -a|grep forward"  I did so and it showed:
net.inet.ip.forwarding = 1
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding = 0

I set net.inet6.ip6.forwarding  to "1"

Still I can't reach the web from my linux box.  Any other thoughts?
Thanks,
kent