Console mouse support (i386) added

Last night I committed code from Jean-Baptiste_(_dot_)_Marchand_(_at_)_epita_(_dot_)_fr that adds
console mouse support for PCs to the system. This is a long-awaited
feature that provides copy/paste functionality when not in X a la gpm in
Linux or FreeBSD's sysmouse stuff.

Features include the standard copy/paste ability, wheelmouse support (with
option INTELLIMOUSE compiled into the kernel, the mouse wheel will allow
you to roll page-by-page back through the scrollback buffer), and the
notion of "Copybuffer ownership" (which I just noticed a bug in while
writing this, hrm, will fix that a bit later).

It works great, but please bear with us while we iron out the remaining
issues (we are, of course, in beta mode). I'd like people to test it out
and see how it works for them.

These installation instructions assume you have the know-how to update
various parts of the system yourself.

1) cvs update your kernel sources and recompile.
2) cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/isa/pcvt/Util; make includes
3) Use cvs to obtain the /usr/src/usr.sbin/moused directory.
4) cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/moused; make && make install
5) Update /dev/MAKEDEV.
6) cd /dev; ./MAKEDEV pcvtctl
7) Update your /etc/rc and /etc/rc.conf initialization scripts if you wish

Of course, the next i386 snapshots will include the moused daemon and also
an updated kernel with mouse support.

Thanks. Comments welcome.

  .
 :  Aaron Campbell <aaron_(_at_)_cs_(_dot_)_dal_(_dot_)_ca> - [ http://www.biodome.org/~fx ]