Re: Partitioning scheme/size

David J. Kanter <david_(_dot_)_kanter_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com> wrote:

> I've read the FAQ about partition sizes, but with disk space so cheap and
> these days, what's a recommended partitioning scheme for a home desktop
> computer?

Partitioning is a matter of religious conviction and personal taste.
It also depends on the actual usage the machine is intended for.
So there is no clean and simple recommendation.  "Home desktop
computer" doesn't define things too well either.

> /tmp seems too small to dedicate a separate partition.

Depending on how much memory you have, you may want to put /tmp on
MFS.