Re: Is there _any_ way to get help on rebuilding binaries?!

On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 06:30:32PM +0200, Mihnea Mironescu wrote:
! LD_RUN PATH="" ld -o ../../lib/auto/B/B.so -L/usr/local/lib B.o
! ld: No reference to _DYNAMIC

Here, Perl wants to build a shared object. The ld command line needs to
contain the -Bshareable flag.

! /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_Perl_malloced_size" called from perl:
! /usr/lib/libperl.so.6.0 at 0x400cc7e0

This I can't help with. I'm still on OpenBSD 2.6 at the moment, which
doesn't have /usr/lib/libperl.so.6.0. However, I suspect that, since
you mentioned that Perl got halfway installed before the build process
blew up, it could be that the new Perl binary got installed first, and
the new Perl library did not get installed before the build got stopped.
Or the other way around.

! This error shows even in the boot screen when I reboot the machine.

It sucks to not have working Perl. I wish you success in fixing the
problem.

	---Chris K.
--
 Chris, the Young One |_ If you can't afford a backup system, you can't
  Auckland, New Zealand |_ afford to have important data on your computer.