From: Marko Cehaja <marko_(_at_)_magikomik_(_dot_)_de>
To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Subject: Installation from Linux NFS
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:44:54 -0700

I would like to convert my computers to OpenBSD. They don't have any
sensible data on them, and they are connected in network with Debian
GNU/Linux.

Network usually works fine.

I tried to install using the FTP and NFS method from the bootdisk 26,
but it doesn't start networking.

Let's say my GNU/Linux computer has local IP (magikomik.kosmos)
192.168.1.3, the new OpenBSD Server will have (seh.kosmos)
192.168.1.2.

The network card NE1 is recognized. There is no need for DHCP, but I
don't know should I enable DNS for that local connection or not? How
it will work?

I keep getting error: Network device time out.

I cannot ping to OpenBSD, nor can I ping outside of the system.
Someone any clue about this?

Thanks
Marko