Re: ssh@#$#$%^#$%

At 17:35 -0600 on 7/17/00, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 04:41:16PM -0400, Stephen Zedalis wrote:
> >
> > I found this problem with many of the ports.  (They are in poor shape) The
> > solution is simple, go into the Makefile, change FAKE = Yes to Fake = No
> > and rerun "make install"  This usually completes the install.  What bad
> > side effects result, I don't know.
>

> You must be doing something wrong.
>
> This is very bad advice.
> Don't follow it.

Do you have any idea what might be wrong?  I've got one box that shows the
problem on the nessus-1.0.3 port when I do a 'make package'.  Another box
running the same post 2.7 snapshot with the same ports tree checkout
doesn't have the problem.  I'm not sure where to look for figuring out
what's been turned into slaw on the box with the problem, so any pointers
would be helpful.

Richard